One of its advantages is offering licenses to gambling companies, whose operation is administered by the Financial Services Regulatory Commission (Gaming Division) regulating the online gambling business through the licensing. The Commission takes decisions on granting permits for offshore activities to companies registered on the Islands.
Advantages of Jurisdiction and Peculiarities of Issued Licenses
Antigua and Barbuda is one of the first jurisdictions dealing with the issues of regulating offshore gambling (as far back as the mid-90’s). There are various benefits for gambling operators:
- tax exemption for local companies;
- ability to host servers out of the jurisdiction on the condition that the primary server is hosted on its territory;
- opportunity for company’s owners and staff to stay outside the Islands and represent themselves through a nominal directorate;
- the inclusion of jurisdiction in the UK “white list” ‒ that means it is possible to advertise a business in the UK and attract players from there;
- availability of international agreements with other offshore zones (for example, with Kahnawake).
There are several types of license on the Islands:
- Gaming License applies to online casino registered in Antigua and Barbuda – US$100,000;
- Wagering License applies to sports betting – US$75,000;
- Key Person Licenses for the persons managing business.
For the licensed companies, a non-refundable contribution of US$10,000 and an application fee of US$15,000 are provided for when applying for a license. The annual fee payable to the State is US$60,000 for an online casino and US$35,000 for a betting provider.
Prifinance consulting company provides assistance in starting business and establishing online casino in Antigua and Barbuda. Our experts will address the following issues:
- preparing a full package of registration documentation – it will take some three weeks;
- proceeding with an application for all license types;
- monitoring the payment of non-refundable contribution and annual fee;
- appointing a Nominee Director, getting a software testing certificate by a special agent and so on.